Thursday, January 7, 2010

Between


Seems I live a life (of or in) 'between'. I do live a life, only it seems to be in shorter spurts than that of others. A life in between migraines. Between pain and the dread of it returning. Between migraines and depression. Between sickness and health. Between, in bed and going back to bed.

This isn't a life that is just between me and my family. It is between me and my hobbies, my friends, my work. Between prescriptions, doctors visits, and clinics. Between enjoying time with family or friends and the inability to stand. And, I live between hopes. The hope of life without migraines, without living in a cave, without taking handfuls of medications, without wearing sunglasses day and night.

It is a life between us, the millions that suffer from migraine disease. It is because of the 'between' that I live my life, write this blog, share my story and share information that I find useful. But, let's not keep it between us. ;)

  Subscribe To Feed





3 comments :

  1. The dread of pain was one life altering change my headache disorder gave me, a gift I could do without! Hoping that your painful episodes become further and further apart in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It may be hard for those who don't have migraines, to understand the cloud that hangs over our heads.

    - Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand the between you speak of and wish for longer betweens to be able to be more productive. It's the fake betweens I have to make my family believe I'm participating. I know I'm draining people when I'm in my migraine state. Usually I retreat solely to my bed during the day where I sleep because that's where "between" is suspended.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.