Monday, April 18, 2011

Attack Your Migraine With Brain Freeze

I won't say "I told you so." But I will say that my article, 6 Ways To Attack Your Migraine Or Give You Brain Freeze posted in November 2009 touted eating ice cream as a possible way to provide relief from migraine.


See this excerpt from The Seattle Times, 4/16/11;


People's Pharmacy: Ice-cream cure for migraines
By Joe Graedon and Teresa Graedon, Ph.D.
Syndicated columnists
Q: You recently wrote about an ice-cream cure for a migraine. I am a lifetime sufferer. While in the throes of a multiday migraine, I ate ice cream too fast and got "brain freeze." My migraine disappeared. This has been my best remedy for about 20 years now, and I hope it will work for someone else.
A: Doctors call brain freeze sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia. It can be very painful. It occurs when very cold foods or beverages like slushies or ice cream numb the nerves in the roof of the mouth.


So, feel free to have your ice cream. In fact, you have my permission to have an extra scoop!  I hope it makes you feel better.







 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.