Monday, October 12, 2009

Puppy Noses


Well, I am back in the saddle again. I've had a rough few weeks riding out a pretty bad migraine storm, that I am pretty sure deserved it's own 'Hurricane Name'.

I finally went last Thursday and had my FPP give me a shot of Demerol. It was nice to get away from the two weeks of excruciating pain, and being 'slightly' loopy didn't hurt any either. I am now on a course of prednisone (6-3-1) where I take 6 tablets for three days, then 3 for three days, etc.

 My family really enjoys being around me after I have had a Demerol shot, as it makes me REALLY loopy for six to twelve hours. I have a tendency to sit on the couch in a daze and suddenly start laughing at nothing at all. The most famous of which is the time I laughed uncontrollably for about 30 minutes, before I could catch my breath enough to share the wonderful insight I had found in my stupor.  When they could finally get me to speak, I simply said, "Puppy Noses". And the legend lives on.   :?)    ~(my big nosed smiley face)

It's so wonderful that the misfortunes of others can cause such great happiness in others (joking). I don't really see my family as reaping any real benefit from my misfortune.  I am not around to do much during a storm of migraines, and I am not usually able to do much when I'm temporarily sitting in the eye of the storm. You know that the winds of change have to hit you on the other side.

The prednisone usually gives me a couple of really good days or even weeks that are migraine free.  I hope to use some of this God given time to make up for lost time working on the house, catching up on my blogging and reaching out to my twitter friends. (You know who you are.)

  Subscribe to RSS for Easy Updates




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments :

  1. To give you credit, puppy noses ARE pretty funny!

    SO glad you are starting to feel better. I had to take a 10 day course of medrol to get rid of a 16 day migraine. awful, awful stuff. Normally I hate taking steroids, but this was a cake walk.

    ((((((Andy))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that a course of steroids helped you. It is too bad that they can't be taken that often. I usually get a week or two of relief. Thanks for taking the time to send me your thoughts.
    ~ Andy H.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.