Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fighting the blues

It's been three weeks since my last post. I've not been ill with the flu or a cold. My headaches haven't even been that bad. I wish I could say that I felt so good I didn't have time to write for all the fun I was having.

Truth is I have been depressed. My new migraine medicines seem to be helping, as I'm having 50% good and bad days. Opposed to 100% bad I was having before my migraine clinic stay at the end of January.

So, why do I feel so blue? I wish I knew the reason. I am usually very optimistic, and one of the first to tell (or help) others to look at the bright side. I'm having a difficult time practicing what I preach.

Why can't I shake this depressed feeling, when I am doing everything I usually do and having success in fending off the migraines. Maybe, my antidepressant is being counter-acted by the new migraine meds? I'll have to discuss this with my doctor this coming week.

1 comment :

  1. When I was in college and my Migraines first became chronic (along with CDH), I found that even after the Topamax started working for me, I was left with the depression. Almost like the depression was on a time delay from the Migraines. I never really did figure out why that was.

    Hopefully you and your doc can figure out something to help you.

    Be well,
    MJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.