Friday, March 27, 2009

Migraine: The Use of Botox



Dr. Silberstein is currently my Neurologist. I have been traveling, once or twice a month, from southwest Virginia to Jefferson Hospital in Philadelphia to see him. I asked him early on about the botox trial, and was told that my migraines were too complicated for that treatment to be used on me.

I guess I have always been complicated. I have had a rhinoplasti, oral surgery, and a crainiotomy in attempts to overcome my migraines. All to no avail. I sometimes get depressed when I see an article or video about a trial that is being conducted in which people are having success, at not only managing their migraines, but eliminating them altogether. I am truly happy for those finding relief, but I struggle with the jealousy in my heart, that they can return to a normal life, and I am still stuck in this nightmare.

I pray each day that not only will God heal me, or help the doctors find a cure, but also to remove the jealousy from my heart. I have confidence that one day I will be totally without pain or the threat of it. But, I know that this may not happen while I live in this body.

--Andy

2 comments :

  1. Botox has been a heaven sent for me. I would suggest getting a second opinion on whether they would work for you. They have not elminated my migraines but have reduced the frequency and severity of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion. I have had three different neurologists tell me that botox would be a bad idea for my circumstances.

    I had several head traumas as a fearless young man, and required a craniotomy to remove an arterial venous malformation (AVM), so my skull is "not" typical.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.