Eyestrain can be a big problem, when working on your computer for long periods of time. It is important for me, a migraine sufferer, to be careful and not cause any more problems than I already have. My light sensitivity means that I REALLY have to be careful.
Use the following recommendations to reduce eyestrain and eye fatigue:
- Close drapes/blinds to reduce glare.
- Adjust lighting to avoid glare on screen (light source should come at a 90 degree angle, with low watt lights rather than high).
- Avoid intense or uneven lighting in your field of vision.
- Place monitor at 90 degree angle to windows (where possible).
- Reduce overhead lighting (where possible).
- Use indirect or shielded lighting where possible.
- Walls should not be painted with a reflective finish.
- Use a glare screen or monitor shield to reduce glare from overhead lighting.