Friday, October 16, 2009

Migraine: The Invisible Storm

Living with an invisible illness like migraine is WORK. I believe that the fight myself and others have, in order to keep our balance, get life done, and not fall overboard is probably as hard as any 'real' job in the world. I'm definitely trying to make the people in my life understand that my invisible illness is real work every day. 

Too many of us know the frustration of having to prove our illness in some way to others with a minimal understanding. The angst of continually trying to explain the reasons why we are not able to complete a typically simple task at this time, due to the monster storm that is brewing under the surface of our facade.

Unfortunately, the rest of the world cannot see the waves crashing over our heads or the water pulling at our feet. Our foothold on a slippery deck that wrenches at us everyday.  Trying to determine if "our work" is for the profit of regaining our lives or simply making it through the day.



  Subscribe to RSS for Easy Updates






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment :

  1. Well crap I wrote out this great comment and blogger ate it.

    So here's the short version--you can count on me to throw out a life preserver to keep your head above water.
    @Headacheslayer on Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.