Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Migraine Ninja

I have a few ninja skills when it comes to my migraines. You wouldn't know it to look at me. You're not supposed to be able to see or know that someone is a ninja. 

The ninja to the left is my daughter. Unfortunately she also suffers from migraine, but not as bad as mine. Her ninja skills are not as developed as mine either. I am in this photo, but I'm invisible to the naked eye.

I can/do withstand some excruciating pain. The kind of pain that we migraineurs suffer would bring a normal, healthy person to their knees. Others, with an invisible illness may have this same skill. I know that there are other ninjas in pain, out there.

I can sense a migraine about to attack. I usually get some kind of warning when an attack is about to begin. Similar to spidey senses. A flash of light, floaters in my left eye, a powerful smell.

I can leave the room and go back to bed without anyone noticing. I can disappear in a flash, even in a room full of people. I don't announce that I'm going back to bed. I just go.

What was that sound? That was the sound of me leaving the room and going back to bed... That sound is the sound of silence.

What ninja skills do you have?






 

1 comment :

  1. Thank you very much! it was very inspiring! New approach and much courage.

    My ninja skills are to hear more than it is said and fell more than it is shown. Also, it helps me to have extra energy (short periods of time) and I can do more than others (who are not ninja) :)
    D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.