Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Beaver Cleaver

I'm not sure when the competition started for my daughter and me. I guess we've been playing "Beaver Cleaver" since she was old enough to say it. I've heard it called Punch Bug, where the first one to spot and call it gets to punch the other in the arm.

We don't play using the traditional shoulder punch. We get a point for each VW Beetle that we call before anyone else. The call is "Beaver". We keep a running tally for the day. The winner gets to claim being the winner for the day.

No big fanfare. No big prize. Each day brings a new competition. Today was a new day. My daughter and I spent the afternoon attending to appointments and running errands. So, the weather has been difficult for me as of late. Windy, rainy, and cold. All part of the soup that leads to a migraine. I wasn't feeling my best at the start of our mundane mission.  We were driving down the road and I was barely showing recognition that I was driving much less observing my surroundings.

I'm sure the call, BEAVER, was heard for miles. She looked at me and gloated. The challenge was obvious and I instantly forgot my pain and awoke to the habitat around me. She spotted two more in the span of only a couple of minutes and then the pickings became slim. We went about our errands and not another beetle was spotted.  On the way home, my daughter continued to gloat as we reached the last couple of (highway) miles before home.

As we rode down the highway I suddenly spotted, the Holy Grail, a red VW Beetle (a Beaver Cleaver). An automatic five points! I had done it, Five to three. I didn't feel the pain of a migraine. I got to spend some quality time with my youngest daughter. Today, I was the winner!

  Subscribe To Feed







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.