Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm Just Saying

I'm just saying. Or, more to the point, I haven't been saying much of anything. One of the side effects of having a chronic disease can be depression. Sometimes it's hard to determine where my migraines end and depression begins. I have been remiss in my blogging for the last few months. Yes, I posted a few articles, but not as many as I would have liked.

It's not that I don't have anything to say. I go around all day with thoughts of what I would like to write about. Ideas for a lot of things, blog and not blog related. But when I sit down later to put them in the void of posterity, I dry up and can't remember any of the turns of phrase, stories, and other ideas that seemed so important to me during the day.

It may seem obvious to keep a journal throughout the day, but that requires discipline. I have discipline in a very short list of things. I routinely brush my teeth, eat and take my medicines when I am supposed to. There may be a few others, but you get what I mean. Also, it is difficult to take time to make notes when you are suffering through a migraine. Pain can really make it hard to concentrate and later remember the thoughts I had.

I'm not a lazy person. I just find it hard to express myself when I'm not feeling well. I have a lot of ideas and thoughts throughout my day, but then can't find them in my brain when the time comes to put them down in an article. Today, I make a conscious effort to try harder. I hope to keep my journal and put my thoughts down in the written words of my blog.

  Subscribe To Feed







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments :

  1. I want a clock like that!!!!

    I agree, it's hard to think when your brain is only firing on half its cylinders because its in migraine land. Looking forward to even more posts this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember where I found the picture of the clock. I think that we all should have one. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.