Monday, April 6, 2009

Migraine: Tally Ho

Volleyball season begins tomorrow for our church league team. Boy, can those Christians be a competitive bunch ;?) I always enjoy our volleyball league play. It is exercise that I can usually participate in, without causing a migraine. Although, sometimes I get dizzy trying to follow the ball.

They finally changed to rally scoring this season, which bums me out. I Can't stand it. I understand why it is the way it is, but I still don't like it. I've been helping coach my daughters high school volleyball team and have definitely know why the scoring has changed. I guess I still have that old school mentality.

I especially think that they should not allow you to lose the game on your own serve. The final winning point should have to be won by serving the ball. You could have a 10 point scoring binge to tie the game and then lose by serving into the net. UUUUGGGHHHHHH.

We'll see how this season goes. My medication is playing havoc with my motor skills. Once an A-League softball shortstop, I now cannot even throw the ball. I am afraid that I'll have the same problem serving the volleyball. I used to have a wicked overhead serve with a lot of top-spin, that struck fear in the hearts of the other team (yea, right). I'll try to provide updates as the season progresses.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.