Friday, November 20, 2009

Under The Bubble


I hate it when my face feels like it's pressed behind glass. The pressure that makes my head feel like it's in a vice. That's what the quick weather changes do to me. Especially when a cold front blows through.


Changes in weather are definitely a migraine trigger for me and others. It's the most devastating trigger that I have, because you can't change the weather and no matter where you go, they've got some.


If only, we could live under a bubble! Since we can't control the weather, maybe we can control the "atmosphere". Here are a few things that I do, when the pressure is too much;


  • Find a nice dark and quiet place to lay down.
  • Use ice-packs on the base of my neck, to relieve neck and shoulder strain.
  • Meditate to relax as much as possible. 
  • Grasp those moments of bubble time. Hold onto the little time that you have, without the pain.
  Subscribe To Feed






2 comments :

  1. I have a lot of trouble with weather, too, especially pressure changes. We've had major storm systems blowing through about every other day for the past three weeks, and it has been absolutely miserable. Weather is one of the most frustrating triggers - ugh!

    -MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you Andy. I found my TENS unit helps a little if it's not bad. Like today ugh. And there's plenty of weather in FL.

    Can I be in a pretty sparkly bubble like Glinda?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.