Sunday, December 20, 2009

Low Pressure Means Low Chance Of Migraine




With the snow storm comes the low pressure, or vice versa.  Although there's more moisture in the air, the 100% precipitation in the form of snow does not mean the chance for migraine. Chances are good that I will have a few good days while the 'low' hangs over our heads.


The temperature and pressure are steady as the snow falls and the front pushes through. Typically, there is more chance to get a migraine when the pressure is on it's way up. Changes in temperature can also increase the chances of a migraine.

Weather.com has an aches & pains index which can be reached by clicking here, that is usually accurate, at least for my migraines. They take into account the changes in barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, precipitation, and wind. Though scientists still disagree on whether the weather impacts pain, I still believe that my head feels worse when the barometric pressure increases. So, while the sky is gray and the wind is cold, I feel absolutely radiant.

  Subscribe To Feed







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment :

  1. Glad there is some value to cold and snow besides sled riding!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.