Thursday, October 14, 2010

Migraine Hangover or Depression?

I have actually been migraine free for the last five days! I have been active and productive the last ZERO DAYS. You read me right, no problems with the math, I just haven't been able to get myself up and around.

My last migraine (I wish) was last Friday. Let me rephrase that. The last migraine that I succumbed to was last Friday. And, of course, it kept me from doing something with a friend. I haven't had good quality friend-time in a while, and we had planned a week in advance to go to the local high school football game. 

Saturday came and went. I don't remember much, except that my alma mater won their game. I felt like I was run over by a truck, a big truck. One of those big 'ol 18 wheelers. Thump, thump thump, thump thump! 

On Sunday, I started feeling better but, not really. I didn't even have a twitch of the migraine monster and the physcological bruising had past the purple stage going toward greenish-yellow. (if you know what I mean)

Monday through today have just been rough around the edges. I'm in no pain. I just can't get myself to tackle the list of jobs around the house that have been waiting a long time for me. They are getting restless and afraid that I will never get them done. And, so they should worry. I worry about it. But I just can't raise the energy or the enthusiasm to strike a lick at them.

I think I have surpassed the "hangover zone" and entered into the "depression zone". This zone is very hard to get out of. It's full a pitfalls and obstacles. But I've decided to take a step. Move forward and start slow. Attack a small chore, then another, till I've started feeling better about the job list and ready to tackle a bigger, and a bigger project.

But it's not all about work, I need to find my pleasure time as well. I need to pick up my hobby horse and ride it some more. I need to call my friend and schedule another time to get out and do something fun in order to break this depression funk. There are going to be times that I have a migraine hangover and others that are bouts of depression.


  Subscribe To Feed