Friday, October 15, 2010

You Know Your In The Migraine Zone When...

My post yesterday made ME think about "The Migraine Zone" and when we know we are entering it (I'm also pleased with my photoshop work and wanted to use it again. BTW, I'm an expert at Photoshop and Illustrator, if you need some custom work let me know).
There may be as many triggers as there are migraineurs. I thought I would list some of the things which trigger my migraines so, we might commiserate.

This list is not complete by any means, so feel welcome to add your migraine zones in a comment.

~~~~~  In No Particular Order  ~~~~~

You know you're entering "The Migraine Zone" when...
  • Walking across the Walmart parking lot.
  • Walking into Walmart and your buggy has a bad wheel.
  • Just being in Walmart.
  • Bed Bath and Beyond (enough said)
  • The perfume counter of any department store.
  • In a waiting room with someone who has enough perfume/cologne on, to douse an elephant.
  • You find out your season ticket to your college football games is directly beside the visiting team's band section.
  • Your driving along feeling fine and all of a sudden, you're blinded by the reflection of the sun on another car's chrome.
  • The candy isle of the store is permeated by the smell of wintergreen (I'm allergic and any time I have any allergic reaction, it immediately puts me in the zone).
  • Just before a storm with wind and rain. I usually feel better after the rain starts.
  • There is a sudden change in temperature or barometric pressure.
  • Loud, shrill, or annoying noises.
  • The smell of incense.
  • I wake up in the morning and I can't open my left eye because it's so puffy.
  • I start to stutter.
  • My eyes start to tear up and I see floaters.
  • The left side of my face starts to droop.
  • I don't get enough sleep.
  • I get too much sleep.
  • Sitting in front of the computer screen too long (and it's variable).
  •   

  Subscribe To Feed



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments :

  1. Luv the tribute to the Twilight Zone!!!

    I'm in the Migraine Zone:

    When buying detergent and toilet paper means being overwhelmed by perfumes and soapy smells.

    When you think everyone around you is really smelly until you realize your migraine is going full tilt and its your nose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you ask everyone why they are shouting, and they are not. Your ears are just oversensitive.
    If you are feeling suddenly inexplicity sad. That you cannot simply go on. This will go away once the pain sets in. Or my favourite.
    You instantly loose 10 IQ points, your train of thought and your car keys. And have no idea why but are not particlary distressed about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and

comment. I appreciate and value the interaction.